Makeup Trends: A/W 2012 coloured smokey
Posted on Sep 10, 2012 by Daniel
Smokey eyes are an autumn favourite, and this year they’ve been updated with a pop of colour. Everybody has their own way of creating the perfect smokey eye, but whatever the products or colours you choose, the key is to blend blend blend!
How to get a fabulous purple smokey eye:
For this look you’ll need three shades of purple eye shadow to layer up and really give the eye depth - a light, medium and darker shade.
- Start by priming your eye and adding a touch of foundation to the eye lid to create the perfect base.
- Using a soft brush, like my BLENDING BRUSH, take the lightest shade of purple and work off any excess onto the back of your hand – we don’t want it to drop under the eyes when we’re applying it.
- Move the brush over the entire lid, up to the socket. Don’t go too dark too quickly; this is our lightest shade after all.
- Using a smaller brush, use the same colour under the lower lash line. We want to create a soft haze under the eye, not a harsh line, as it is more flattering.
- Using the smaller eye shadow brush, work the medium purple shade into the socket to make eyes pop, and wing it out for that sexy cat eye look.
- Take a soft eyeliner pencil in a dark purple or plum colour to line the upper and lower lashes, and then, using the small eye shadow brush, blend the line with the darkest shade of purple eye shadow.
- To make eyes look super pretty, take a light reflecting pigment like my EYE DELIGHT in ICE, and run it underneath the brow and press a tiny amount onto the inner corner of the eye.
- Finish the look with lots and lots of black mascara.